Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The quilt

The pajama pants. Hopefully I made them long enough. I'm kinda worried about Marshall's. I decided to put them on here cuz I can't post them on mine or Zach's sister will see them. I am pretty dang proud of myself even if they are supposed to be easy. Nothing is easy for me when it comes to sewing :) (I don't really know why I even do it)

So this is the quilt I am making for Zach's brother. It was last years Christmas present, but then Saylor came along and my life ended (along with Mom's) and I never got to it. So I am going to finish it this year and I am not sure why because I don't really know what I am doing. I have already called Mom like 3 times asking her about it and I haven't even started sewing yet. (why do we do projects on our own again?) So this is for Mom so she can see what I am talking about when I am asking her a billion questions. You would think it wouldn't be that hard since it is just squares, but I was told the wrong sizes by the peops at the stores (2 different stores) so now I am trying to figure it out to make it work for his bed still. Fun times for me, who's jealous? I have already sewed 4 pairs of pajama pants on my own so I am thinking I am doing pretty dang good. Case, there are more pictures to come. I had Zach cancel the post, but I guess it uploaded that one any ways, so I will post the rest of them today.



5 comments:

  1. I bet you were getting all hot and sweaty doing those pajamas huh Kerr? lol T-totally torch for that quilt is what i'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet I got all hot and sweatin. It is all torch. Cin are you sure you want to get a sewing machine for Christmas, then you feel like you have to make stuff. Once you have it you're committed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, good job on the pajama pants!!! They are cute, I feel for you on the quilt. I counted yesterday, I have a total of 5 partially made quilts in my sewing supplies. Yee to the stee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if i have one, then at least i can feel domesticated and such, but that might be a little expensive to just feel domesticated. So I guess i'll try and use it, but just stick to things like finishing my curtains that i haven't really ever made, just have them draped around with jagged edges and stuff. Maybe i'll do some mending (haha i don't know know how to mend).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I think i'm gonna stay away from quilts. I've done one (and it's even finished), i think that'll be good.

    ReplyDelete