Thursday, April 2, 2009

They finally figured out what was wrong....everything!

I will try to make this short because I don't know how long I can handle sitting up at the computer.

For the last 6-8 weeks, I keep getting sick. It's not my normal celiac sick, it's worse, I keep gettin nauseated like you wouldn't beleive, my gut hurts, (upper and lower right) and just all kinds of crazy crap.

I have had x-rays, a upper scope, a ultrasound, and finally on Wed 3/25/09 a HIDA scan to check the functionality of my gall bladder. The test came back that my gall bladder was functioning at a sweet 17%. (Normal is 70% or higher) I almost cried when I found out what it was, because now that they knew it can fixed!!

So, by Wednesday evening, the surgery was scheduled for Friday morning in Logan at 9:30am.

I ended up also getting my appendix out at the same time, and had a bad reaction to something, so I ended up staying in the hospital overnight, but I'm finally home,(at my mom and dad's) in pain, drugged, and so ready to be done with this whole ugly section of my life. But I'm sooo glad they know what it is! (and it's gone!~)

5 comments:

  1. Ern, I'm real glad for ya. Hopefully you recover fast and speedy, and then it will be back to work. But at least it will be pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Case, I dont want to be back to work nice and speedy, just pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they figured everything out. Hope is keeps gettin better and better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    Sorry about your health. Just plain no fun, but now you are gal bladder free and maybs it will be magic and help you feel betta all over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ern, your life sounds sucky. How are you feeling nowadays?

    ReplyDelete