Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Trip in January

Josh and I are going on a cruise on January 24th. This is an invitation to anyone that would like to come. (That includes you Gutts) We are going to the Eastern Caribbean. It is a 7 day cruise. It ports out of Ft. Lauderdale. There are 4 destinations the ship stops at: San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas (a US Virgin Island), The Dominican Republic, and the Bahamas.
The cost of the cruise is $766 per person. This includes the boat and food. (you have to pay about $30 or so dollars extra if you want to get a bottomless pop deal) Other than that, it is all the food you could possibly eat. Anything you do when you get off the boat you have to pay for yourself. These are called Excursions and can be cheap if you just want to go to the beach, or more expensive depending on what activities you choose. The only other cost would be the tipping. You do all of the tipping at the end of the cruise. You choose the amount of tip you would like to leave. You can go to carnival.com and they will give you an estimate or an average price for gratuity. I can't remember too good what we ended up paying last time.
If anyone is interested, you can go to carnival.com and look it up. It is the ship the Splendor. This ship is the newest ship they have built. It has a lot of fun features. 2 Basketball courts, 2 volleyball courts, 4 swimming pools with a 4 story waterslide, a jogging track, a seaside theatre, an ice skating rink, and more stuff probs that I can't think of.
We are booking it on Wednesday the 4th. If you can't' by then, you can still book it later, you just won't be able to get rooms all right next to each other. This price is with all the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges. It is $200 more expensive if you choose to get a room with a window or another $200 if you get a balcony. We are booking it through a travel agent in Spanish, which if you decide to go, I would go through her, so that she can try to get us all as close together as possible. It doesn't cost you anymore to go through her. You have to put $250 down to reserve it, and then you can pay it off as quick or as slow as you want, as long as it is paid in full 60 days before departure.
If this is something you are interested in, let us know. I think we have 3 or 4 couples that are going right now. We think this is going to be really fun, but I don't want to call everyone and have their husbands get all mad at me, so here it is, on the blog. Remember, it's open to anyone. We hope you can come.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sounds so fun!!! I keep wishing peeps would try and rig stuff up this summer cuz that is when I can try to go to everything. I bet Caleb has gay school, so mabes I could come by myself? I would just need to find a babysitter. I want to go on a cruise so stinking bad I can hardly stand it. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I called the travel agent to find out the amenities because I got conflicting info on 2 different web sites. There are no volleyball courts and no ice skating rink. There is miniature golf and shuffleboard and ping pong. There is not a 4 story waterslide, but there is a waterslide. There is also a retractable dome that is 2 stories to cover the swimming pools in case it rains. There are 7 hot tubs. Sorry about the misleading info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egypt or the Bahamas. What would you do????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holl, the freakin Bahamas for sure! Oh i want to go so bad, but i'll just have to still dream about it for a few more years, cuz this summer is Had's supposed only break, (That's what he keeps telling me, probs so i can't plan trips.) and we get to come to Idaho for it! Don't get me wrong, i am real excited for Idaho. I just wish there was extra trips we got to do too, with beach, sun and sparkling aqua blue water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come so freakin bad, I can't even hardly think about it or I get sad, ticked, mad and everything else. Zach will be in school so we can't come.Gay

    ReplyDelete