Sunday, July 19, 2009

FALL TRIP

I just thought I would check in with all the peeps about this fall trip. Anyone including husbands are invited. Gutts, you too. Josh and I are going for sure. (I had to trade lots of things to make this a go) So far the peeps that I've heard are the definites include: Josh, Ang, Jean, Bird, Hol. There are a few maybes out there also. I checked on Delta.com today and the cost of a roundtrip ticket to Baltimore was $267. But that is purchasing it pretty early.
The dates are also something we need to talk about. I plugged in Oct. 2 and come home Oct. 9. Anyone can go earlier or leave later that would like to. The reason for the coming home on the 9th which is a Friday is because Athen is getting babtised on the 10th and they are blessing Brityn on the 11th.
So I have been doing a bit of researching and this is peak season for the fall foilage. The last week in Sept., and the first two weeks in October are peak for this. I personally think we should take advantage of that and see some of it. But I would like to get everyones input on where they would like to go. We could do a combination of the fall foilage, historical sites, big cities, church sites, etc. Depending on what the peeps going would like to do.
So one of the major problems with going during this time is that the lodging all fills up really fast. At all of the websites I've been to, they keep saying that you need to book right now because they don't have any vacancy during that time. So we need to get cracking on planning this thing.
I don't have any idea price wise what this is going to cost yet. I'm sure we can come up with a ballpark figure once we figure out how many peeps are going and where we will be going. For now all I can tell you is that we will be renting a car, paying for gas, paying for hotels, and whatever it costs to get into any of the sightseeing places.
So for all the peeps interested and all the peeps going, lets have some feedback on where you would like to go, etc. Plus I'm not trying to be the one in charge of all this, I just think we need to get it going. Sorry to all the peeps that can't go.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not gonna be able to go cuz i'll be hopefully having my baby sometime right in there, but my thoughts are you guys should stop at Kirtland. It's a great little church history site and free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird here. Im down with whatever but please please please please please can we throw in New York? I wnna see ground zero and I HAVE to see Wicked. If Im in that area thats way to big of an opportunity to miss out on!

    ReplyDelete