Monday, May 12, 2008

I finally did 10 random facts about myself

So Jean tagged me a while ago, and some other peeps did too, and it has taken a very long time for me to actually sit down and do it. Here goes.

10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:

1. I always like to have sweet and salty together. Whenever I eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner, I like to have something salty and have something sweet to eat to compliment each other. For example, when I eat breakfast and I have eggs and toast, I need to have some fruit or some orange juice with it because I need to eat something sweet with the thing that is salty or just not sweet.

2. I'm kind of a clean freak. My family would probably make fun of me and say, "Kind of?" I like things clean and I like things organized. That is just how I roll.

3. I absolutely love to spend time with my family. Living in California with no family around makes spending time with them extremely difficult. Caleb and I usually take a couple trips to Utah and Idaho every year. But beyond that, I usually have to plan a few extra trips with just me and the kids. That way I can travel without Caleb having to take more time off work, and I still get to see and hang out with my family.

4. I love to do crafty-ish type things. I like to scrapbook, make cards, toll paint, sew, and even make me and my family's Halloween costumes. I always want to be more crafty and make more things, but I don't always have the means, and I'm not as good as I wished I was at being creative. Plus, I'm pretty slow at all those crafty things I like to do.

5. I'm a speed talker and a loud talker. My family can definitely attest to that. I usually start out in a conversation at a normal speed and my voice isn't too loud yet. But then when I get into a conversation, espeically when I'm kind of excited, I get louder and louder, and talk faster and faster. I don't even realize I'm doing it, it just comes so naturally. The worst part about being so loud when I talk is that I passed it along to Aiden, who speaks in 2 volumes: Loud and Louder!

6. I hate doing laundry. I don't know why but it is by far the worst part of any type of cleaning for me. Almost every time I do the laundry, I put it on my bed to fold, and it stays there all day. Then the evening comes, and it is getting closer and closer to bedtime, and I need to clean off my bed so I can go to sleep. So I end up putting the clean clothes back in the laundry basket so I can fold them the next day. The next day comes, and I dump the clean clothes back on my bed, and they continue to sit there until the evening and bedtime comes again. It is quite the process. I probably spend more time moving and removing the clothes than it would take me to actually fold them.

7. I love treats. I am referred to as the treat girl by some peeps. Caleb told me when we first got married that he had never met anyone in his whole life that ate more treats than me. But now he has met more people that like treats just as much as I do: my sisters!

8. When I read a good book, I can't stop. I don't read books all the time (which is a good thing) because once I get started, I can't seem to stop. I have read 500-700 page books in a day or two because I can't put them down. Lots of times Caleb will try and talk to me and I don't even hear him because I'm so focused on my book.

9. I am extremely competitive at games. I'm not usually one of those people that will get mean when they are competitive, but I am definitely out to win. It is a rare occasion when I can just sit back and enjoy a game for fun without trying to win. (And I can't stand it when Caleb has to pull out the rules and check on every detail, especially when he is already losing.)

10. I have this fear of people not liking me. If I ever have done anything to offend someone, not even knowing it, I feel sick to my stomach inside. I can't stand the thought that someone doesn't like me or that someone has a problem with me. I guess you could say I'm a people pleaser.

11. I decided to do 11 things. I do fast. Caleb does slow. It's a wonder that we are still married.

3 comments:

  1. Fun Case!!! I loved reading those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Case, finally someone else finally did it. Now you are off my sisters who are suckers list :) I enjoyed reading all of them. thanks. By the way I loved the one about Aidey guy and his 2 volumes, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete