Monday, September 22, 2008

Jumpin' the Gun

I am so excited!! I'm also totally and completely jumping the gun.

As for you that don't know, I hate Advanta Bank,where I work with a passion, that is too be likened to say....Hamburger.
Advanta is a bank that only deals with small businesses, and they have raised everyone's rates from a fixed 7.99 or 9.99 variable (based on prime.) to a dirty dog 25.08% and 35.08%. All day long I have to talk to customers that tell me to "F off", F myself, shove things up myself, that Advanta is the devil, and I'm it's spawn, etc etc. They are also laying us off, we just don't know when. They are sending our jobs to India, and all we know for sure, is that its going to be done by April of 2009.

I digress, Anyway, I applied at ebay, and they called today and want to set up an interview!! I'm so excited I can barely breathe. The mothership is calling me home!! In October is my 10 yr anniversary of buying my first thing on ebay!! (It was a book for Drez.)

I know this is nerdy, but would you guys mind saying some prayers that I get this job? It could make such a difference in my life!! (working there.) Some of the benefits of working there include, full medical/dental/vision from day 1. Stock given to you on day 1, that becomes vested 1/4 per year that you're there. (It's all vested in 4 years.), at your 3 or 5 year mark, (not sure)you HAVE to take a paid one month long sabbatical, and in the break room, all the free coffee, soda, and hot chocolate that you could ever want. Plus tons more, (my friend got hired 2 months ago.) and I'd get to work with a friend. Wish me luck, and say a little prayer for me!!
Erin the e-bayer. (Ebay name-TheUnsinkable.)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Ern, I really hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, that was probs as long as your resume. :)
    We really do hope it works out for you, I know you would be better off without Advanta in your life.

    ReplyDelete