Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grandma Fuller's watch


I dont know if anyone else will care about this, but when I went to mom & dad's in August, I found Grandma's watch! (It was displayed on a bookshelf.)  I dont know if ya'll will remember that Grandpa gave that to me when I was 16.  I left it in my pocket, and it also got washed in the washing machine when I was 16.  I paid my entire bonus to get it fixed this August, and this is how it turned out! I think it looks amazing.  I also found a 1940  advertisement that has that watch on it.  Right now there is a original watch box for it on eBay. Im struggling with trying to decide if I should buy it.  It was $18 back then.  That's $290 in today's money, and is solid gold.  It's very tiny, the face is the same size as a dime.  I love this watch because it was Grandma's.  I wish I knew the story behind it, since that was a ton of money back then and it must of been a very special occasion. Love it!                                                                                                                                                                                     

3 comments:

  1. really cool Ern, it looks very pretty and I am excited for you to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bitchen heirloom to remember your grandmother by. I'm sure that watch was very special to her in her life and it will bring you closer to her memory when you are near it. Congrats

    ReplyDelete