Monday, March 31, 2008

I went to a jazz game....


and I ended up sitting like 10 feet away from President Monson!! It was soooo cool, he seriously was so close I could of talked loud and had him hear me!! He was with John Huntsman Sr. who I don't think appreciated that I was trying to take pics of Pres. Monson with my cell phone. I was trying to be sneaky about it, but I guess it was maybe a little obvious. Some of the people in the suite I was in, went out and talked to his security peeps (like 50 year old guys in suits-we talked about busting through 'em but decided not to) and asked if they could shake his hand when he left, and they said sure, so they got to. I'm jealous, but I'll settle for my picture that semi-turned out, but you can still tell who it is I think!! Anyway, that was two really good jazz games in a row!!

~eRIN

4 comments:

  1. That is real cool that you got to see Pres. Monson. Did he look like a huge guy? I know he is pretty tall and has broad shoulders so I was curious what it looked like through the glass being the next suite over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the goods Ern. Pretty cool you got to see him. You're pretty lucky, cuz most peeps don't ever get to see the prophet in real life, so the goods for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucker isn't the greatest, but I was pretty jacked!! I felt almost like I did when I met Debbie Reynolds...so jacked I could hardly stand it (oh yea and Olivia Newton-John)

    He did look like a big guy for an old guy, someone told me he is 6'6 but I don't know if that's true...I thought it was interesting that he was still wearing a suit, and wondered if he always had to in public now? His wife was there, and she just looked nice, and normal with a sweater on...I did notice they had like filet mignon in their suite while I had brisket....I need to honey up to a huntsman!!

    ReplyDelete