Sunday, October 5, 2008

The trip Josh made to San Francisco, as told by Angie Davis

So Josh left me today to go to San Fran. Now being the good wife that I am, I packed him up some snacks that I made for him, a bag of pokie mix (for you that don't know, and don't want Uncle Mac to look at you funny if you ask, this is homemade trail mix), a bag of granola, (turned out deelish Hol), and a few other things, but these may be more of the focal point. He picked Travie up at 8:00 am and they were off. Just as my eyelids were getting a little heavy during conference, the phone rings. It is Jose Canseco telling me that they ran out of gas out there in the good old Nevada desert. Then he says he ate too much of the goods, and he has to go diarrhea. Turns out they waited for a highway patrolmen to come help them for about an hour, and then they finally ripped off a piece of cardboard from among Josh's materials and wrote GAS? on it, and stood on the back of the trailer with it. They stood there for about a half hour with people pointing and laughing at them, and finally a Diesel from Idaho full of spuds (way to go Idaho) pulls over and tells them that he just bought a gas can with 2 gallons of gas in it and wants to know what they will give him for it. So Trav bartered him down to 10 bucks and they were on their way. Except Josh was about to crap his pants. Oh wait, he kinda did, he sharted anyway. So they come to a tiny little town with a Chevron and a McD's. Josh runs into Chevron and the bathroom door was locked. So he books it across the street to McD's and there is a guy in the stall part. So he comes back out and there is a worker there having himself a little break and watching Josh sweat it out. So Josh asks if there is anyone in the girls bathroom and the guy says he doesn't think so. So sweaty little Josh goes in there as fast as he can caper because he is afraid a girl is going to walk in and see him in there. Plus he has to clean his shorts, so he comes out and there is a lady waiting outside of the door. (the lovely worker let her know that she shouldn't go in there) He says sorry to her and that it was an emergency. She looks at him with a little disgust and asks him if he left it clean. She goes in and he turns to the worker and says hey thanks man for letting her know I was in there. No problem the little McDonalds guy tells him. He loved all of that and went back to the gas station to get Travie. Trav says lets go get some food at McD's and Josh says there is no way he was going back in there (couldn't do drive thru, had the trailer). So Trav goes in alone to get an ice cream cone, and that worker is in there laughing his head off and telling everyone the story. Travie loved it, and now you can all love it too, for I felt it was far too funny to just be heard by me.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it is one bit funny. In fact, I've had so many life or death situations like that in the last little while that it makes a few tears come to my eyes thinking of poor Joshie boy. Running is ruining my body these days. Each day Jeff asks how my run was and there are only two answers, good, or my old enemy came today. Most days, my enemy comes. It is the total c-raps. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol to Holl's comment. I think I've only had to go number 2 one time ever while I've been running.
    Poor Josh, that sounds like the worst. Kind of reminds me of the story that you told about getting ready to hike up the mountain to see Grandpa's tree and you needed a T. Just made me think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Josh. I know what that homemade stuff can do to you. When we were up at Pine Valley I ate some and it was bad news for me. Then when we got home, Mom made more and it was really bad news for me. That stuff will run right through you. Its dang good though, so you just keep eating and eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just laughed real hard haha course its bird here. Good story

    ReplyDelete